- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs flank steak
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (if not using low sodium I would use more sugar to counter ALL the salt)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
While waiting on the meat to marinade, start preparing the head of broccoli by cutting into florets.
I used "boil in the bag" rice because it's quick and easy. I started boiling the water in a pot for the rice.
Then I started making the sauce:
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (pictured above)
- 4 cloves of garlic minced (pictured below)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (original recipe called for sherry. I did not have any on hand so I used an acid I had instead, and it was delicious)
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable oil
While the rice is boiling and now that the sauce is ready I started heating up 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a large skillet over HIGH heat. (Asian food is very quick cooking so all this prep needs to be done ahead of time so that it can be thrown together quickly to be prepared correctly.)
I then poured the rice into the bottom of a serving dish and topped it with the broccoli beef.
It was THAT easy. Hope you all enjoy!